Paint N Party




A longtime BFF of mine is the volunteer and intake coordinator at the Birmingham Humane Society. They have worked out an arrangement with Paint N Party http://www.mypaintnparty.com/index.html that on Wednesday nights, with a fee of $35 to paint, $10 goes to the Skipper Fund at the Humane Society.http://www.gbhs.org/site/PageServer?pagename=SF_Homepage


We went this past Wednesday and had a blast. Basically, you bring a pic of your "favorite" animal and get guidance and instruction as to how to create a painting that is emblematic of your photo. They are doing this every Wednesday, every week, every month so there are lots of opportunities to go and paint with a few friends (they have a maximum class size of 80!). I probably can't afford to go every week, but I plan to go again next week and as often as I can... I have many favorites I painted a completely silly photo of Chance and my friend is now on painting #2 of her child.. er... dog Max (her fiance - a coworker of mine - and I both fear a Max art gallery in the making).


Nonetheless, it was tons of fun; it started at 6pm and we were the last to leave at around 9 (paintings in tow).Also... for a donation, the artist (Kelly) who runs the place will paint as the demo painting a picture you bring to her (and you take it home). I thought that was pretty cool.

No comments: